Lambert Smith Hampton
Lambert Smith Hampton (LSH) is a national commercial property consultancy firm with 26 offices and 850 specialist staff located across the UK and Ireland.
Our advice covers a wide range of skills and services including:
- Acquisition & Disposals
- Asset & Property Management
- Building Consultancy
- Lease Advisory
- Planning Development & Regeneration
- Rating Consultancy
Last year alone we:
- Carried out 1,750 commercial property transactions.
- Valued properties worth £15bn across some 6,000 instructions.
- Managed 7,500 properties and around 20,000 occupiers.
- Carried out 3,000 building surveys totalling 6.5m sq ft of property.
- Provided property services to around 250 public sector bodies and our top three local authority clients have a combined real estate portfolio value of £6bn.
- Provided a full range of property services across more than 50 term and framework contracts.
LSH has been appointed as a preferred supplier of estates services under the four-year Estates Services Framework that is managed by NHS Shared Business Services. LSH have developed a strong track record in providing specialist healthcare advice to a wide range of clients on a local and national level, with particular emphasis on improving efficiency, reducing costs and achieving value for money.
LSH are also on the OGC Buying Solutions Framework for Estates Professional Services.
Our Track Record
The following are just a few recent examples of how LSH has provided estates services to NHS bodies and other public sector organisations:
- Acquisitions and Disposals: LSH advised NHS North West on its relocation to 52,000sq.ft at 3 Piccadilly Place, Manchester. We also provided planning, marketing and disposal advice to the Department of Health on the sale of the 17,500sq.ft former NHS Purchasing and Supply Agency Building in Chester.
- Lease Advisory: LSH negotiated a rent review of the 77,275sq.ft Regional Blood Centre in Liverpool. We also advised the Fire Service (on behalf of the former Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) on the implementation of a conditional break clause and assessment of dilapidations on an industrial and office building in Uttoxeter, resulting in savings of £1.1m.
- Rating Division represents clients over 390 Health and Hospital Trusts in England, Scotland and Wales. Examples include substantial savings negotiated for Manchester PCT NHS on over 70 surgeries and health centres; £250,000 rateable value reduction for Newham Hospital and over £600,000 of rate savings over 5 years for Chesterfield Royal Hospital. Our average rateable value reduction for clients is 16%. Our Specialist Rates Management and Audit services deliver major benefits to clients by checking the accuracy of payments.
- Estates Strategy: LSH is providing multi-disciplinary estates strategy advice to West Yorkshire Police in relation to over 200 properties ranging from police “tardis” boxes to major training facilities. We have also advised the Department of Health, Shrewsbury & Telford Hospitals Trust and South Staffordshire & Shropshire NHS Foundation Healthcare Trust in respect of 50 acres of land at Shelton Hospital in Shrewsbury. In 2012 we provided strategic advice on 11 Lift buildings to carry out space audits on the utilisation of the accommodation
- Valuations: LSH regularly undertakes valuations for Primary Health Properties, a specialist investor in doctor’s surgery investors with around 150 properties. On behalf of Co-operative Bank, we have valued six medical centres in Oldham, Cornwall and Sheffield, both prior to development and following completion, as part of the NHS Lift Scheme.
- Dilapidations and Building Consultancy: LSH was appointed by Bolton Council to review a £1.2 million dilapidations claim issued by the landlord and to negotiate a financial settlement, resulting in resolution at below £200,000 and a saving to the client of £1 million. Pre-acquisition advice, DDA audits, CDM Regulation Report and PPM’s Surveys are regularly undertaken for healthcare clients including National Blood Service, Hospital Trusts and private sector operators.